Wednesday, January 16, 2013









So my art-style as a whole optimizes precision and detail. i like my art pieces to to look sharp, clean, and accurate as opposed to figurative and sketchy. I tried this alternative art style when I created my robot sculpture, and I had a very hard time with it. I found that this style is not as much my thing. The old broken circuit boards and floppy discs are pasted on very randomly, giving it a rough, abstract look. I am proud that I even finished this piece, and I have learned how to use a lot of power tools in the process, but I don't think I will be doing many more projects of this style very often.

I think I am most proud of my tree because it has an abstract essence and idea, while still maintaining a sharp, organized style that allowed me to have more control over how it looked. That is another reason I used acrylic paints instead of glaze and underglaze, because it gives me more control and a more plastic shine. 

My painting is less abstract but more of the sharp, organized style. I like the social issue this addresses. Its style is similar to the pooh bear I made. Though I really respect the artists that can create cool, abstract and sketchy pieces, I realize that is my specific style.  

1 comment:

  1. Who are the artists or art styles that you admire and how is that reflected in your work?
    Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete