Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My idea for the social issues theme is to show the impact war has on society, especially the families that lose their loved ones to war. So I was going to do an image like this, where the soldier is actually holding a journal that has a photo of a fellow soldier who was lost, it's too small to see in my picture though. Then, the whole picture would be in a newspaper, so the idea is from the perspective of someone back home seeing this who has lost someone in the war. Overall it would be against the violence and loss that warfare brings.

2 comments:

  1. Great concept! What media do you plan to use? I think this would look really cool all faded and worn, just a suggestion. Overall, I really like the idea, as well as the social issue you chose to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea too, addressing the social issue of war. If you are trying to show the devastation of war, maybe fill in some of the empty space in your drawing with something that will prove your point more. I really like the book in the corner though, maybe make that a little bigger? just a suggestion but i like the newspaper idea a lot.

    ReplyDelete